Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Africa or the moon


There are times
when I feel I might burst
with needing to expel my thoughts
to effect something

I’m hesitant to disturb silence,
the dust that forms on our existence     
when we remain the same

stillness is effortless

usually I am afraid of being heard
because it is synonymous with being seen
and options become so finite
when Im being perceived by you
your mind, it is almost unbearable
that I exist inside you
I feel the pressure
to be in action, to acknowledge
that I am alive

I rush to the drain
and force my abdomen
until my organs agonize

empty they scream
you are they whine and always have been
a revelation I can not comprehend
  
oh the ache of my moral plight
how laughable
if I were an insect
I would be called conundrum
and I would fly by your senses
and rejoice at my inability to be seen
as anything other than
what I am
and least of all I would miss
my burgeoning empathy





No comments: