Saturday, December 8, 2012

speak in tongues

Lets speak in tongues
saturate ourselves in heated silence
tie our fingers together and trade eyelids
id like to see what it looks like
peaking out from someone else's blood,
lets forget everything we've ever done
or never did
and try to live
like the animals I've always known we was.
Let's speak in tongues
and win each other over to our better sides,
ill open you up and fix yours if you'll work on mine
I might need to be rewired
but you look like a handyman
who has a habit of keeping his hands busy
so retie the strings that snapped
and spread white dye on the outside,
all this work could take a lifetime,
and you're on the clock but I aint payin a dime.
Tuck me in, I'll sleep for years
in between,
fold me up like a card table
after you brush off that old puzzle
and we'll see whats changed
when we manage to unwrap our skin
and wander out from this haze.

No comments: