Wednesday, August 15, 2012

my mind


My mind runs around the track like a race dog chasing the mechanical rabbit slave dog performing in a pungently backwater display of evolutions absence chasing falseness the promise of something instinctually desirable or once tasted and forever coveted how cruel to give the beast a scrap of game just to keep it running round without comfort without love touched most by six sides of a cage and the memory of inky pins imprinting identity or whatever the breeder thought that was or should be how many times can I travel the damnable raceway these trenches of churned mud where comrades have blown their last unfulfilled blood riddled breathes before I become obsolete maybe if I’m lucky someone pulls me out puts me in a home where humans walk on eggshells for fear of my past rearing its ugly head and ripping the falsely peaceful present to ribbons.

No comments: